Today was such a gorgeous day to celebrate Mother's Day!! The sky was so blue and not a dark cloud in sight. Our day was filled full of love... action-packed at that.
Before I get into what our day entailed, I would like to say that I am so very thankful to God for allowing me to have such a fulfilled life as the blessed mother of my two precious babies! I am so lucky that he chose me to be their mother and I will not only make God proud of his decision, but I will continue to pour my love in to my children and make them proud, too! God could not have blessed me with two more perfect children... Thank you, God!
We had reservations to take Kevin's mother (aka Nana) to brunch at Copeland's. It was quite a late brunch... 3:30pm. But, it was a good visit (not to mention the food was delicious). We took some pictures for Mother's Day outside of the restaurant after lunch. Next, we headed to see my mother (aka grandma) who lives about 30 minutes away. We couldn't do dinner, because we had such a late lunch and didn't leave Copeland's until 5pm. So, we had desserts at a little restaurant in town. We visited with Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Jen for a couple hours. Aunt Jen and Khloe played Hide-N-Seek outside the restaurant (in their courtyard). It was too cute... Khloe has so much fun her Aunt Jen! Khloe was full of giggles and being silly. Such a good visit, too!
Kevin and I, both, are so very blessed to have both been raised by such loving mothers (as we recognize them and their efforts on this day, Mother's Day)! They have two totally different personalities, but they are both amazing women and such loving mothers!
Here are some pictures of our day:
Last, but not least, Kevin surprised me when I got home. Underneath my pillow was a blue box with a white ribbon around it. It had a little card with it. He is so thoughtful, at times! He picked out a Italian Sterling Silver Ring (designed by an Italian Artist - Limited Edition) from Tiffany's. The ring was made of the most beautifully designed hearts that wrap around the ring. The symbolic meaning for the hearts were that my family loves me... and that this year is our 7th year to be married. The hearts resemble the 7's (the date we were married). I could not have asked for a more special gift. He special ordered months ago to give to me on this day! I love you... and the kids dearly! XO
Here are some pictures of the surprise under my pillow:
Happy Mother's Day!!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment