This weekend was another VERY BUSY WEEKEND... but, at least were accomplished! :)
Friday night, Peyton had a baseball game against one of the better teams in the Bentonville League. They crushed the other team - with a score of 13-4. It was a great game... they all played so well! Friday was also their team pictures... I'll post them when they come in! I'm loving Peyton's hairstyle... it's not too long and super adorable (for a boy)!
Saturday, Kevin met up with his buddies and went canoeing on the Elk and they camped out Saturday night. Their intentions were to float 28 miles in two days and have a great time. Kevin's good friends, Ken and Jackson, were in town from Tulsa (Skiatook, OK) and Jackson brought his brother and a friend of his from Rogers. They all were between 31 & 45 years of age. Somehow the trip went terribly wrong. Kevin was tired on waiting on incompetant/slow pokes the entire weekend and because of it he would go ahead of them and stop to hike trails or fish in fishing holes. He said it was like dragging 40 cinder blocks behind his canoe the entire trip. The other guys (besides Ken) were apparently very immature and putting a damper on Kevin's enjoyable (or what was supposed to be an enjoyable) weekend. Anyway, somehow on Sunday, Kevin waited for the other guys to show up (he had gone on without them to enjoy some fishing that morning). They never showed and apparently had taken the easy way out and caught a bus ride to the camp ground they were supposed to end their float trip at (leaving Kevin behind). All the guys had brought their cell phones on the trip and of course Kevin did not have his because he takes the outdoors very seriously and leaves all that behind... it's called trying to survive and accomplish "roughing" it. Kevin waited for them for over 3 hours and none of them showed up. He called me and told me there was a change of plans and I was to pick him up at the Low Water Bridge because the guys were not with him (he borrowed a cell phone from some other canoers that were close by to call me). Long story short, I picked him up and even though he was not happy with the other guys that had been on the trip with him, he still called them (once he was in the car with me) to see where they were (and because they had one of his canoes). The point they were waiting at was the originally planned end point... but, they had gotten a ride and loaded their canoes to get there. They were so angry at Kevin when we got there and were cursing at him and kicking his canoe and acting very juvenile. The sad thing is that one of the guys that was making a butt of himself was one of Kevin's good friends from college... he was even a Groomsman in our wedding. Needless to say, the words that they said to Kevin were inappropriate and out of an anger rage... and unfortunately, there were some long term friendships that ended that day. But, Kevin doesn't need to be around trash like that... so, I'm fine with it and I know he is, too! I couldn't begin to tell you the horribly mean things they were saying to him and threatening to do to him. I'm just glad my hubby didn't kill them! LOL He kept his composure and was the better person (which is unlike him to allow people to walk on him like that). I'm proud of you honey!!
Saturday early afternoon, I went to a friend's baby shower. Chandra McFarlane's. She is 10 days ahead of me in her pregnancy and is expecting a little boy in THREE weeks! It was a good time... she looks so cute preggers! The hostesses were wonderful, too! The shower was from 2-5pm on Saturday. Chandra, Julie and I are all friends and we got pregnant within the same same week and a half last year. Chandra is 10 days ahead of me... Julie is 3 days ahead of me... and I'm hoping I have Khloe at least 2 weeks early. I think my belly is so much bigger than both of theirs. I don't know why... I hope Khloe is not an enormous baby... that labor will not be fun! LOL
Here are some pictures from Chandra's Baby Shower on Saturday...
Peyton had two baseball games on Saturday, too. Unfortunately, they didn't win either game. Gosh, those boys. They are all great players, but they have so many off days. Wow! Afterwards(since I was still at Chandra's shower), Peyton left his game with my parents and went to their house in Springdale. It was a long day. When I went to pick Peyton up after the shower, I swiped my little sister (Jen- who is 18) and had her come stay the night with us... because Kevin was on his canoe/float trip.
Sunday, Jen, Peyton and I went to my favorite coffee shop (YUMMY - Kennedy Coffee)and enjoyed some yummy specialty drinks and then headed on to Springdale (Tyson Complex) for a surprise 29th Birthday party for my brother-in-law, PJ (my sister's new hubby). He wanted to have a family/friends softball game for his birthday, so my sister (Tasha) made it happen that following weekend. He actually turned 29 on Wednesday. Tasha goes all out for birthdays, so it was a huge deal. We cooked out and there were around 50 people that showed up. Fun in the sun! I wish I could have been a part of the game, but I don't think it is wise for a 9 mos pregnant woman to be playing softball. LOL The party was from 1:30-5:30pm. I had to leave around 4:30pm, though, to pick Kevin up in Missouri from his horrid float trip. LOL Wow... busy busy weekend... told you! :o)
That's all I have for you... I hope you all had a great weekend! My cousin, Lisa, is getting induced at 5am tomorrow... she is supposed to be having a little girl. Anyway, I will be at the hospital tomorrow for that. My 9 mos (36 weeks) doctor visit is Wednesday... that's when he check to see if I've dilated any and give me the Strep B Test. Then, this Saturday is my 2nd Baby Shower (this one my friend/cousin is throwing). It will be another action packed week and weekend... no doubt!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Our CRAZY, BUSY Weekend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Yay Kevin, for being the better person! I commend you...I'm not always the better person. :) I hate to hear that his trip was bad, but sometimes it takes thing like that to weed out friends. I know for us moving (and growing up) really weeded out our friends.
I can't imagine what it's going to like this summer with baseball and a newborn...good luck!!
Post a Comment