This year, it was hard for me not to do our normal lake festivities. I LOVE being on the river or the lake during Memorial Day weekend, but not this year. Pregnant woman... not so much!
But, we did enjoy some time with lots of Kevin's family members at The Yingst 2009 Family Reunion. They were expecting around 100 family members, but it turned out to be closer to 50 or so. The food was yummy. Kevin's dad's band played, a lot of kids and adults swam, there were horseshoe games going on, 4-wheeler rides, marshmallow (smores) roast and much more. It would have been a better time for me if I weren't waddling around. Wow... this girl can waddle! LOL I was on my feet most of the day and Khloe didn't appreciate it... she was putting a load of weight on my bladder and made me take 5 million bathroom breaks. LOL She didn't kick a lot when we got home... and I could tell she was just as exhausted as I was... she slept until the next day (which is very unusual for her - usually she kicks the fire out of me constantly!). Anyway, because of my 3rd Trimester Pregnancy Rash (PUPPP or PEP), I could not be in the sun a lot. Just the humidity was causing my rash to flare up and itch like crazy... no fun!!!! I just can't stand it anymore and am going to resort to the steroid shots or early inducing for permanent relief. I look like a freak without clothes on. The rash has spread from my belly to my inner thighs, shins, arms, hands, neck, breast area, sides and part of my back and bottom. It just doesn't seem fare! No relief... nothing helps ease the itching. I'm sad. I read about it all the time on the Internet and they continue to say that the rash only affects less than 1% of pregnant women... comes in the third trimester... usually only occurs in first time pregnancies (not me!), those carrying boys (not me!) or woman carrying multiples (I pray not me!). So strange! But, the reunion was an okay time... it was all weekend.
Kevin and Peyton went hiking yesterday for Memorial Day and I stayed home and caught up on some chores and rest. I have still been knocked down with chest congestion and allergies... stinks!! Anyway, they left at 9:45am and returned around 8:30pm or so. An ALL DAY hike trip. They hiked the Kings River. They were sweet enough to bring home dinner... it was yummy! Kevin decided to drive down some very tight trails and risk scratching his Hummer due to all the low hanging limbs on trees. Sure enough... today I look at his truck and there are massive scratches all down both sides of his truck. How dumb!! That's only about $2K worth of fun... Ugh Boys!!!! but, I guess they had a really good time. Kevin loves the outdoors and took some beautiful pictures of wild flowers throughout their hike. Neato!
Today I bought some more adorable little dresses and rompers for baby Khloe... Yes, Momma is OBSESSED!!! I just cannot help myself! She does not need any outfits for a year or so... None! Her closet is fuller than mine! Seriously! Kevin has no idea how much money we have spent on her so far. Wow! I just can't wait for her custom bedding accessories and rocker/glider to come in... only a few more weeks and her nursery will be complete! Hooray!
35 Days to go... AND COUNTING!!! People still keep telling me that I am only 2 weeks out. I pray they are right. I would not mind having her 3 weeks early. Gosh, I look like I could have her ANY DAY now! LOL
Until next blog... chow!!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Memorial Day Weekend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I'm so sorry the rash is still causing you trouble. I'm about as lucky as you...so I think avoiding pregnancy altogether may be my best bet. :)
Post a Comment