Saturday was my second Baby Shower for Khloe. It was great, because this one was for all my friends from school, best friends and my side of the family. The girls were a lot of fun. For some reason last weekend everyone had family events going on, so a lot of the girls on my guest list couldn't make it... I was sad. But, my friends that did make it were some of my BEST FRIENDS and I love them to death! Thanks ladies for making it a great day... and thanks to my lovely Hostesses who put alot of time into making the shower a fun one - Kentrina, Rachel and Amy! The games were great, Kentrina... thanks girls! The shower started at 1pm and wasn't over until 3pm. All the gifts were fun, too! I have friends/family with excellent taste. Khloe got a lot of adorable outfits, gorgeous blankets (Thanks, Chandra!), a darling painting (hand painted by Rachel and Amy - nice job, ladies!) and tons of necessessities that I needed for her.
We are about done with the nursery, too. Yippee! Kevin put her Nursery Chair together yesterday (it's a Best Chair - they're great!) and I love it! It's Loman Green and it matches her nursery perfectly! Woo Hoo! It fit perfectly in there... we just had to rearrange a couple pieces of furniture to make it work. But, it's perfect now. Kevin has hung some pictures and a couple balls from the ceiling for me. It's all coming together. I have been organizing Khloe's dresser drawers and closet and bathroom, too. Yesterday, I cleaned out the guest bathroom closet (the bathroom that will be hers and is connected to her nursery). I took almost everything off the shelves and put all her shampoos, lotions, powders, bath toys, tub, bathrobes, towels and washclothes in there. Wow... things are becoming very organized... Hooray! There are some things that we still need, though, for her room... humidifier (MUST have for all children), contour changing pad for her changing dresser, her nursery rug (to go in front of her crib), cradle bedding (the cradle will be in our room for atleast the first month or so), diaper genie and closet organizer with drawers. Those are all things that I will get this week. Since I finally bought the diaper bag that I wanted, I will spend part of my day today packing it for the hospital... you never know when her big arrival will be. I will be 37 weeks along on Wednesday and at 37 weeks they are considered FULL TERM, so it is safe to deliver at any time. I'm really thinking she is going to be here a couple of weeks early... it may just be a wish, but atleast I'll be prepared!
Here are some fun pictures from my Baby Shower on Saturday...
One of my cakes that Kentrina ordered for the Shower... cute!
I'm standing by Rachel/Amy's painting for Khloe's Nursery - Nice Job, Ladies!
These Next Pictures are of the Belly Measuring Game... The girls had to cut a piece of yarn and guess how big my belly was. They all came up afterwards to see how close they were. They had to cut their excess string and whoever's string was shortest (after measureing me) won!
Terri measuring her string - Uh... WAY OFF GIRL! LOL She must have thought I was GIGANTIC! :o)
Sheena & Terri's strings were the LONGEST... They lost! Their strings almost fit around me TWICE... LOL!!!
Kim and Laura had the Shortest Strings... Thanks Girls! LOL
The Next Shower Game was cute, too. The girls had to draw with Crayons what they thought Khloe would look like when she is born. They were not allowed to look at their drawing, though... and had to draw the picture with the paper plate on their foreheads! Hilarious... They all CRACKED UP the entire game!
Julie is holding up her plate - her pictures was one of the final three. She drew a reddish brown haired girl with a bow in her hair (LOL).
Andrea is trying hard to draw Khloe - too funny!!!
The girls laughing hysterically trying to draw Khloe without looking!
Angela's Picture Won - She is the only one that drew Khloe with blonde hair.(Kevin and I both had really blonde hair when we were infants.)
Gift Opening Time...
A Group Picture of the Ladies that attended my Shower - Love you ALL!!
I'm standing with two of the Hostesses of my Shower - Kentrina (L) and Rachel (M). Thanks girls for a fun time!
After the Shower, I headed to Peyton's Baseball Game...
My sister, Jen, and I... (if you look close, you will see Peyton behind us in the outfield!)
I will post a new blog Wednesday after my 37 weeks doctor visit and tell you the progress... I'm hoping to hear that I'm dilated and effaced and it will only be a few more days. LOL Wishful thinking. I do want to know if she is in position ready to come out into the world, though. I'll keep you posted!
I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend!! Have a great week, too! XOXO
Monday, June 8, 2009
Baby Shower #2 for Khloe - 6-6-09...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Love the pictures! Don't you love it when people WAY overestimate your belly? My mother-in-law was the worst about that. You look great! Hope you got good news at the doc!
Post a Comment