CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

38 Week Doctor Checkup and Peyton's Tournament Update!

Today was my 38 week doctor checkup. The checkup went well... much more progression than last week - FOR SURE! My doctor informed me that I am right at 2cm dilated and almost 25% effaced. I was talking to him and a little disappointed that there wasn't more dilation than that... he said none of that matters and that I could progress so far (even in hours) and go into full labor tonight. He said that it could happen any time. So, that's good news! :) The bad news is that I did not realize it until today, but I have been retaining some major water/fluids over the past couple of days... so much that my feet/toes/fingers and ankles are really puffy. My ankles are so swollen (and this is NO exaggeration!!!) that they look like the elephant man. No joke! It scares me looking at them! I hope it's not Toxemia... I didn't even notice them at the doctor's office... my mother pointed it out to me when I went to her house afterwards. Icky! That's got to be a sign that it is the end of the road for this pregnancy! LOL My face is NOT swollen at all - Thank you, God! (Knocking on wood...) So, stay posted! I've been saying practically my entire pregnancy that I would have Khloe on June 17 (which is today!)... it's the date that has been stuck in my head for months... not sure why. Peyton thinks it will be June 27. We'll see. Today's not over... wishful thinking! LOL I have been having random contractions all day today... they are spaced out way too far to even begin thinking about timing. All I can say is... Bring the Contractions On! I've decided also that I am going to have pain meds when I deliver... unlike with my first pregnancy. I did 100% Natural -No drugs at all (I must have been NUTS because I was in HARD LABOR for 36 hours... what an idiot!) with my first pregnancy... and nuh, uh... not this time! LOL

I've started painting Khloe's Nursery pictures. I drew it out Monday night and yesterday spent several hours painting it... didn't get very far, though. Man, that's time consuming - no doubt! It will be cute when it's done, though. Below is a picture of what the unfinished picture looks like... you can see what I've painted thus far and what has been sketched and is waiting to be painted. I guess I better get on it and finish it... who know when she'll come and my hand will be full! ;)





About Peyton's Baseball Tournament...
His team (The Angels) won Game 2 yesterday in their Tournament! Go Angels! The cool thing is that they beat the #1 team (The Pirates) in the League. Can't believe it! Final Score 9-6! Woo Hoo!!! Way to go boys! They will play Game 3 tomorrow night. It should be good... if they win Game 3, then they will be playing one-on-one in the Championship Game on Saturday. Wish them luck!!

Here's Peyton on Base at 2nd...



I'll keep you posted on Peyton's Tournament AND little Miss Khloe's arrival!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I'm so excited to see Khloe! You must post pics on here ASAP after her arrival. Lloyd would be proud of you for taking drugs! He says there is no need to ever be in pain...spoken by a true Anesthesiologist!

Tracy said...

2cm is better than the pity 1cm I got from Dr. C once. :) Could be any time, though, he's right!! I would recommend getting that epidural as soon as you can. I wanted to wait, but I'm glad I didn't. It would have been a crazy c-section without it. :)