CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Doctor Appt this week... 37 Weeks along!

Yesterday was my 37 week doctor appointment. I was expecting more news, but I just kind of left there feeling empty. Ugh! My doctor checked me and didn't mention anything about being effaced or dilated... so I guess nothing is happening down there. I hope it just all comes at once. I am SO surprised, though, because I really feel things changing and thought he would say 'you're 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced...' - nope not this time! I'm sad. I don't want to rush her, but I am so uncomfortable and miserable and for the first time this entire pregnancy my fingers/toes are starting to retain water and swell... that part is not fun... at all! Sleep is horrid. I get maybe 1-2 hours of interrupted sleep all night long... it is very difficult for me to roll from side to side when I sleep. It's a lot of work for me to get from one side to the other. That's when you know you're belly is gigantic! I feel like I have been hit by a train and am a walking zombie these days. Let's get this show on the road... I think I will be getting more sleep when Khloe actually arrives than I am getting now. Crazy, huh?! Her kicking has slowed down a little... she's still wild crazy in there. LOL But, the only good news that my doctor reported was that she is definitely in position and ready to arrive - I didn't hear the "soon" word, though. I am hoping to report completely different news after my 38 week doctor appointment next week... keep your fingers crossed! :)

Projects this week:

1. I bought Khloe's cradle bedding... it's darling... pink minky dot material. Her wooden cradle will be in our room for atleast the first month. We'll see her progress after that. Soonafter, she will start sleeping in her crib in her nursery. So, I put her bedding in her cradle and it is awaiting her. :)



2. Last night, we assembled her stroller and car seat. It's cute! I really like it. I am tired of all the pinks, so I refused to buy a pink travel stroller and car seat. Instead, we stuck with the Eddie Bauer travel stroller that is browns/tans and a tint of green. It's very neutral... which is good... it can be used for a boy or a girl. It's ready to go. I didn't realized how heavy it was though. Hopefully it doesn't bug me when she's in it. I still need to get her pink chicco umbrella stroller from The Baby's Room... that one I don't mind that it's pink, because it is not her main stroller and it is more for convenience like walks in the neighborhood and stuff like that. She doesn't need the umbrella stroller right away, so I'll pick it up in a few weeks.



3. Yesterday, I put her pink closet organizer together with the cloth drawers. It took me forever. I had to carry in one piece at a time because it is heavy solid wood... but I didn't want to wait on Kevin to get out of work. I was anxious. Boy, did her organizer make a difference in her closet. Wow! It made SO much extra space. I would recommend any mom buying one for their baby's room. With all the extra space for storage, it comes in very handy. I love it... it's pink and I coordinated it with chocolate, pink and green drawers (to match her nursery colors).





I had told you before that her swing and nursery rocker were assembled this week, too, right? I love them too. I am posting individual pictures of each of these items. I don't want to spoil the surprise and take pictures of the entire nursery, because I'm still waiting on her curtains (valances/panels), lamp shade, embroidered blankets and rug. So, when they come in... which should be atleast in the next week or so, I will take pictures of her entire nursery and share them on my blog. Won't be long... :) I am going to finish filling up Khloe's hospital bag and my bag, today.







The only craving I have had lately is water, water and more water. I don't know why, but for the last 5-6 months, I haven't been able to drink ANYTHING ELSE but water... no sprite, tea, juices... nothing but water! I guess it's a good craving to have. I CRAVE it. I will drink 10 or more 16-20 oz bottles of water each day. At night, I wake up several times to find myself drinking full bottles of water in one breath practically. I'll easily drink 3-4 bottles of water in the middle of the night. Craziness! That could be a lot of the pressure in my stomach. I don't know where all that water goes, but I'm sure it is part of the factor making me uncomfortable and Khloe squirm so much. LOL

20 Days to Go and Counting Every Second...

0 comments: