Peyton's team (The Angels) won their first game in their tournament that started yesterday. They played the Reds (which were a pretty good team all season - their record was better than ours!). The game was intense, because their coach (Duane) is always very competitive against our coach (Gan) in football and baseball. It was a big game for both teams. Our coach, Gan Nunnally, is always very mild tempered and such a good sport... never says anything negative to the officials. Now... I can't say the same for the Red's Coach, Duane Webb. He is a great guy normally, but don't make him mad during games... he is way too competitive to keep his composure. Yesterday, (about the 2nd Inning) Duane was thrown out of the game by the Umpire for his negative attitude and his consistant negative comments about the game. The hilarious part is that two Innings later the Red's Assistant Coach was thrown out for the same negativity. They were down to two volunteer dad's on the team to finish coaching the game. I have never witnessed such immaturity during 10 year olds' Baseball games. I'll bet they felt pretty silly after their rediculous behavior. LOL I just wish I would have camcorded the whole game... it would have been one to watch over and over again and laugh. Peyton will get a kick out of it when he's older. :) Needless to say, our team beat them (winning our first game of the tournament). Final score: 8-6. It was a close one. I was stressed out in the last inning... they were last to bat... bases loaded... two outs... score 8-6. One good hit would have made them win. Fortunately for us, the last batter struck out! Woo Hoo! We were all on the edge of our seats. Go Angels! Game two is tonight... we play a very respected and well rounded team... The Pirates. Yikes! Wish us luck!
Here are some pictures of Peyton and the team... Good job boys! Peyton played 3rd Base the entire game!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Peyton Won 1st Game in Tournament Yesterday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
GO PEYTON!
Post a Comment