I just got back from our road trip to Canton, Texas. Gosh, Texas is so gorgeous this time of year! Everything down there is already green... the pastures and ranches are so serene! Although, their allergens are just as bad as ours. Ugh! I suffered a little down there, too, with a stuffy nose and sinus pressure... oh and sneezing and aching. LOL Nothing new, huh?! Overall the trip went really well. It's a LONG road trip for a 7 mos preggers woman, though! It was impossible to get comfy - no matter what! Sleep... well, lets NOT talk about the sleep deprivation that I am experiencing right now! Grr!!
The reason for the trip is Kevin's parents have a permanent booth in Canton at First Monday Trade Days in Canton, Texas. They sell a product that they took over about a year ago... hair bows. I also sold some of my tutus down there this year. It's a great little business! They sell their bows so cheap, but do really well... everyone that are regular shoppers in Canton always comes each month to buy more bows for dirt cheap prices (seriously, they sell some of the same hair bows that Dillard's sells, except their prices are $0.75-2.50 vs Dillard's prices $8.00-11.00... it's CRAZY). They know them as the "Bow People" down there. My mother-in-law, Mary, is a CPA during tax season, so that is why someone needed to go in her place. I brought along my little sister, Jen... who by the way was a fantastic Sales woman. :) We didn't really get to shop alot the whole weekend... maybe a total of 2 hours (I know... it's sad!), which is unfortunate, because there are SO many cute booths to shop down there... miles and miles... you could never see it all in one weekend! Some of the coolest stuff ever... oh, and if you have babies or dogs, then you'll be in paradise. There are tons of boutiques/booths that sell specialty items for them.
To explain the sleeping problems that I experienced... imagine being a 7 mos along pregnant woman (with a pretty good sized belly already) and having to share a twin bed with your 18 year old sister... maybe that explains my problems I experienced. LOL Oh, and it was in a motor home. Most of the vendors there bring their motor homes and that is there sleeping quarters for the weekend. LOL So, I had about 4 feet to get dressed in and my sleeping space was smaller than a small couch. Yikes! Needless to say... no sleep in Heather's world and I need to go get my back adjusted and a good prenatal massage. Know of any massage therapists that specialize in Prenatal?? I'm desperate!! LOL
The good news is that sales were decent... we made it through it... Texas was beautiful... I'm home safe and sound... AND I even managed to buy some adorable items for Khloe's nursery! I'm posting a couple pictures of my purchases below... too cute!!
Here are pics of the items I bought Khloe in Canton...
A personalized Corkboard for her nursery... The vendor custom made it with the colors of her nursery!!
A cutsie hand-made outfit by the vendor "Simply Puzzled" - includes dress and hair accessory!!
Here are pics of their Booth in Canton, Texas...
It was really dark this day that I took pics... sorry! The pic below shows my little sis selling bows!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
My Canton, Texas Trip... (4-2-09--4-5-09)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment