I don't think my boys could have picked out a more crummy weekend to go on a nature adventure... but, they had a great time anyway. The camped out near Kyle's Landing south of Jasper, AR (on the Buffalo River) this past weekend. Peyton had his first baseball game of the season and after it was over (before noon) they hightailed it out Kayak and all to begin their adventurous weekend. The thing is that the weather was horrible, but it never rained on their parade. All their friends were wimps and wouldn't take the thrill of surviving intense weather conditions like them, so the Saturday night, they manned it on their own. Crazy, I know. They set up camp after exploring the area... only to end up sleeping in the back of Kevin's Hummer for the night. The thunderstorms were TOO intense. LOL So, they cozied up in the truck, while I sat at home fearing the weather conditions and wondering were they were and if they were okay. Did I mention that I called them a million times and NO ANSWER. Yeah, cell phone service was non-existent there. I thought of all the things that could go wrong... with it only being Kevin and Peyton and no one else around... boy, those were not good thoughts. But, they were soldiers. The hiked and explored the amazing caves and experienced some of the most beautiful waterfalls you'll ever see! The Park Ranger explained to them that they wished the buffalo's water level was always this way, because it makes it a good time and it is the only time to enjoy all the natural waterfalls and rapids along the river. Neato! Kevin is the most knowledgeable outdoors man I have ever met... he is Survivor Man himself! Business man by day and nature enthusiast by night. What a great combination! :o) Anyway, they survived the storms and enjoyed their floating/kayaking trip with their friends the next day. Several of their friends showed up the next day to enjoy that part of the trip... not everyone, though. It was their annual "Dads/Kids" Float trip!
Enjoy some of the pictures Kevin and Peyton took on their Adventure...
Monday, April 20, 2009
Kevin & Peyton's Outdoor Adventure Weekend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Sounds like they had a blast! True "mountain men" go rain or shine. :)
Post a Comment