This morning I went in for my Glucose Testing at my doctor's office. The results were not good. They said I failed my test and my blood sugar level was high. They gave me a form to go into a more intense Glucose Testing at the Women's hospital - Willow Creek - which will last 3 hours. Ugh!! I knew the test results would not be good when I was feeling light headed and faintish minutes after drinking the Glucose Orange flavored water. Now, I will find out how bad it is tomorrow morning when I go in for my lovely 3-hour test. Dr. Cunningham told me to bring a book, because it will be long and boring. Basically what all of this means is they are looking at me as borderline diabetic and I will have to change my diet completely to prevent complications, etc. Baby is fine... won't affect her. But, I could have reoccurences of diabetic reactions in the future after this pregnancy is over. I'm at risk now. No fun!! Let's hope the testing goes well tomorrow! Please pray and keep your fingers crossed for me... I don't want to be limited on what I eat and do. :( I'll let you know more when I get the results back from Willow Creek. Baby Khloe's heartbeat was perfect and she was very active today... little stinker! One good thing is that my iron levels were fine... when I was preggers with Peyton my Iron was very deficient and I had to take extra pills. It's so weird how two pregnancies can be COMPLETELY different... both of mine were like night and day! Strange! Another bad thing is that I have already gained my total "allowed" pregnancy weight... and I still have under three months left to go. I don't see where the weight is going. Nothing is growing really besides my belly. I hope she is not a BIG baby! YIKES!!
I know you guys are going to think I am CRAZY, but I changed my mind again about the nursery crib furniture set. Don't worry... it's been ordered and I pick it up from the Baby's Room Friday... so no more changes! LOL I decided on the very first crib furniture set that I fell in love... always trust your first instinct, I guess! It's the April Collection by Creations. Too cute... and it matches all the wood in our house INCLUDING our hard wood floors! I didn't change my mind about the Crib Bedding set, though... I still love it so much and can't wait until it gets here! We get to get busy on the nursery - FINALLY - this weekend! Hooray!!!!
Here's a picture of the April Crib Furniture Set we ordered... we ordered the nightstand, crib, rails, adult rails and dressor/hutch combo. Just enough furniture for her nursery! It's too darling and modern!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
28 Week Doctor Visit - Glucose Testing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I hope the test went well!!! I have my fingers crossed for ya!
Super cute nursery set! Girl stuff is way cuter. :) Hope your test went well, we're thinking about you!
Post a Comment