CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2013

Khloe's Valentine's Dance Party - 2-11-13

Khloe has been looking forward to her Valentine's Party all weekend in Dance class. We had some fun ideas up our sleeves. We decided to make each girl a goody bag... oh, and Khloe's Dance teacher, too! We, also, wanted to make some baked goodies for the girls to enjoy. So, Khloe chose mini cupcakes with Sprinkles and heart-shaped cake cookies.

Here are the steps to our getting ready for the Valentine's Party:

First, we decided to make the goody bags. It was fairly simple, since it's mommy's passion to plan events and create fun custom items at the events. We didn't go too overboard. Ha! We picked up some hearts paper bags at Wal-Mart. And, a gift bag (for Miss Laine) to match. We, also, picked up some clear smaller hearts bags at Target for the candies to go in. Some of the other goodies in the bags (Valentine's erasers, pencils, stickers, sunglasses, stamps and heart bracelets came from Target and Hobby Lobby. The ribbon, tulle and patterned papers came from Hobby Lobby. And, all candies came from Wal-Mart.

Once all the goodies were placed in each bag, I folded the tops of the bag (once) and hole-punched two holes through the fold (at the top) about 2 inches apart (for the ribbon and gift tag to go through). Then, I cut a little less than 1 foot of ribbon and tulle to pull through the top of the bag.



Next, I ordered some custom 2" round Valentine's stickers from a shop on Etsy. I peeled the stickers and stuck them on a 3x3 square piece of patterned paper (purchased from Hobby Lobby). Once the stickers were placed on the paper squares, I cut about 1/2 inch circle around the sticker itself. This would be my gift tag for all the gift bags. Once I punched a hole at the top of the tag (with the hole-puncher), I pulled it through the ribbon at the top of the bags.



I cut two different types of ribbon with the tulle. I tied a knot in the ribbon at the top of the bags(once the tag was applied), to close off the bags.



Here are the goodies on the inside of the goody bag that Khloe and mommy picked out:



I made a big, fluffy tulle bow on the outside of Khloe's teacher's goody bag. Here is Khloe's Dance Teacher's goody bag... and the goodies inside:



Here are all the fun goody bags lined up by each other! Voila! Complete... Success!



Bags laid out with Khloe's dancewear for the Valentine's Party!



Next, we started baking the cupcakes and cake cookies for the celebration! Khloe was mommy's big helper in the kitchen today. We had to make a quick run to the grocery store; we didn't have pink icing (which is a must have on Valentine's Day!). Let the baking begin!!



Off to Dance Class... Here are the girls dancing:



Party Time!!! Finally, Khloe's Valentine's Dance Party after dance class concluded!



Miss Laine LOVED her gift! Aww!!



The girls had a wonderful party... Until next party! We LOVE our dance class and teacher!

0 comments: