CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Khloe's 5th Birthday Party - Carnival Themed

Mommy has created the most precious, huge birthday parties for our sweet Khloe.... every year since she was born! She has had 5 amazing birthday parties... all unique and super fun! This year, though, since it was a huge MILESTONE birthday (her big 5th Birthday) I wanted it to be different than the others, but the ultimate celebration thus far. I decided to go with a Big Top Tent/Carnival Theme. That is the ultimate celebration for a kid. It was colorful... but, I incorporated a big top red/white tent into the scheme. Usually, I start out with the birthday invitation and then go from there (as far as decorations for the party). However, this year... I actually did the invitation last. I already had all ideas (I wanted to incorporate in her party decor) stored in my mind. Ha! We told Khloe that she could only invite 12 friends to her party. I wanted to keep it small and special... but, 12 kids would be more than enough to have a super fun time!

Here is Khloe's Birthday Party Invitation: 
(with the bottom half cut off because of address/phone number)


Pretty cute, huh?! We had her birthday party at her Papaw/Nana's house, because their home is centrally located... and it we didn't want people to get lost trying to find our house. Besides, her Papaw/Nana had a big surprise they were keeping at their house on their land. So, it was perfect having her party there. :) Some of Khloe's closest friends showed up.... Ella, London, Audrey, Bella, Olivia, Ryan, Graelen, Lochlan, Reagan and Ella's adorable baby sister, Emery! This group of her friends are beyond precious... each one of them! They really made Khloe feel super duper special on her big day. Such good friends.

I decided to have her birthday party in the evening... Mainly because of the brutal July Sun. I wanted it to cooler, since we were having her party outside. It worked out... it was a pretty breezy/cool July day. Thank goodness.

I always do a themed wreath every year for her party, so this year I decided to make a balloon wreath (my first one) to go along with the theme of her party. It took me two hours to make (it was very tedious). I used three roll of ribbon and 12 packages of balloons. Along with everything else required to make it. It turned out absolutely adorable!






Since I went with a Carnival Themed Party, I decided to make several handmade games for her party, including: Bucket Ball Toss, Water balloon toss, Hula Hoop Toss, Coin Drop, Tin Can Throw and more! I, also, worked on signs for all the games and prize table. The goal was for the kids to win tickets at each of the stations... then use their tickets at the end (at the Prize Table). It was a hit!

Here are my projects before the party...
 (I created birthday hats for all the kids... All handmade.)

This is one of the centerpieces...





(This is the topper I made for her Big Top Cake...) 




 (Cake Pop Stand...)


(The handmade windmills I made for decorations... they really work!)





 Signs for the Games...



I wanted to keep the food Carnival Style. I chose to have hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, cotton candy and more.





And the party began.... So much fun for all! Mommy hired a Balloon Guy to make balloon pets/etc for the kids. They really loved seeing him create their requested balloons. He makes balloons at all events around our area... grand opening and etc. He did a great job!














Here is the party decor set up....











 (This Ferris Wheel lights up and is 7ft tall!!)

Let the Games Begin...


























Khloe has been friends with several of the little girls since they were 3 years old. She's posing here with two of her closest friends, Ella and London, from dance class!



So... Khloe's BIG BIRTHDAY SURPRISE was a REAL PONY from her Papaw/Nana! We hid the big surprise until time for the revealing. The kids knew there was going to be a pony ride at the pony, but Khloe did not know that it would be her very own pony! Pretty amazing grandparents, huh?!! I had all the kids gather around the bale of hay in the yard for some group pictures. We had them smile for the first pictures, then close their eyes for the other pictures (so that Papaw could secretly walk her pony around the corner, before she opened her eyes). They sure created some adorable group pictures, together... Awe!! Meet her Pony, Champ...










Now it was pony ride time for all the sweet kids...













Birthday Cake time! We took a chance this year and let the cake shoppe get creative with her cake. I took a copy of her invitation to them and explained the concept that I wanted... A Big Top Tent with Balloons and lots of glitter throughout the icing. They did a great job creating my vision! It was perfect.












The kids wanted to all take their pictures in the custom Photo Clown Prop (7ft tall) that Mommy ordered for Khloe's party.... They were all so cute. Although, some of the kids didn't want to take their picture behind it. :)







(Cuties, Huh!!?!)

Khloe truly had such an amazing birthday party! Everything was so exciting to her... She will cherish it forever. So much fun in 2.5 hours. She didn't want it to end! Below are some more random pictures throughout the rest of the party.































And... this is her custom Thank You Card Mommy created to everyone that came to her party and brought her gifts. I wanted a cute poem, so I came up with this one... to highlight all the activities at her fun party!

With Khloe's Milestone Birthday being such a hit (and all her huge birthday parties over the past 5 years), I have decided to take a break next year on huge parties.  Khloe will just have a dainty, smaller spa party or something to that nature... probably with a handful of her closest girl pals. Overall, though, her Big Top/Carnival Party was so much fun and she loved it. So many surprises.... so many great friendships and love all around! Thanks to everyone that helped make Khloe's 5th Birthday Party so special... she will cherish these memories forever! Khloe you are loved by all, sweet girl!! We adore our sweet girl!


XO

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It’s small and intimate, yet everybody had a blast. Well, what’s not to love about carnival-themed parties? And there’s a pony! That alone is as much as fun as the rides in real carnivals. I bet Khloe was thrilled and thankful for this party. You totally did a great job nailing this!

Karl Robertson @ QLD Amusements