CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Khloe Graduated PreK (Year in Review)...

Where do I begin?! Last Summer (2013), I was devastated that there were no openings at the Preschool that I wanted Khloe to go to. I had been on the waiting list for almost two years already. Close-minded and annoyed, I began a long search for a preschool that was even comparable to the one we had been waiting for. I called the director, Michele, of a little preschool (IHI) that was close to the other and scheduled a visit to walk through the school that Summer. I was still anticipating a cancellation or opening for Khloe at the other school, so I really wasn't taking the search too seriously (meaning considering other preschools). After my visit with the director... and exploration of the school, I walked away with the enrollment forms and threw them in a folder to consider again later. The entire summer flew by and before I knew it school was starting in less than a week. Still on the fence, because I was STILL waiting on the call of acceptance for Khloe to the other Preschool, I began to look at the enrollment forms and booklet (given to me by Michele at IHI). I felt a calmness come over me and decided to give Michele a phone call (once again) about the school. She was so sweet to answer my questions... although, I had missed out on an opening for a full time enrollment at IHI for Khloe, there was still one opening left for part time enrollment. Feeling more confident about my decision to enroll her in a different preschool than originally desired, I took the leap of faith and enrolled her at IHI. And, oh my word, I must say... it was the BEST decision I could have ever made for my sweet little Khloe. This school year has been such a special experience for Khloe. She had the BEST teachers on the planet (in my opinion)! Her teachers, Miss Suzie and Miss Debbie, truly loved their careers and their students... and it showed every single day! Khloe built such a bond with her fellow classmates/friends, teachers and the rest of the staff at IHI. I could kick myself for ever having hesitation about sending her to this preschool. From art projects... to field trips... chapel time... singing... storytime and the list goes on and on... Khloe truly learned so much about life, friends and everything in between. God is so good and he knows what you need... even though you may not realize it at the time. It all makes sense in the end.  And, as Khloe's Pre-K Graduation and LAST day of school approached, I began to have separation anxiety (about Khloe leaving this precious school... which we loved so much!)! My tears fell driving away from her preschool for the last time... Sad for her time to end here, but happy for her new big girl adventures in the year to come! Thank you IHI for the best head start you could have given my sweet baby girl!!!

Below are some random pictures throughout her year of Pre-K:















Pre-K Graduation Ceremony (May 29th):









Khloe's Last Day of Pre-K (Saying goodbye to friends):







It was bitter-sweet saying Goodbye to PreK... and everything/everyone affiliated! Tears of sadness and joy. Khloe was an excellent and thoughful gift-giver this year. Her final gift to her teachers this year was a handmade teacher's bracelet... custom fit to each of her teachers sized wrists. It was as cute as can be. We left them with a thank you note, telling them that we hope every time they wear it that they will remember their year with Khloe! :) Such wonderful teachers!!






Congratulations, sweet Khloe, on a successful Pre-K year!! You are such a smart and talented little Princess! We  love you!!!!

0 comments: