
I still can't believe that my little girl turned ONE just a few short days ago! Time flies... and it really flies the more kids you have!! Wow! I am so proud of her, though... she is such a sweet baby girl!
I decided to celebrate Miss Khloe's 1st Birthday in style! Friends asked me why I wanted to go all out for her first big birthday, when she'll never remember it... my reason is because I look at it as a person will never in their life conquer as many milestones as they do in their first year of life! It is a time to recognize their growth!! My daughter will look back at pictures and know just how special she is to us... the first year is (in my opinion) the most important!
I went with zebra print and hot pink for decorations and the party color/pattern scheme. I decorated her nursery in giraffe print/pink/sage green... this was my way of giving her the zebra print/hot pink that I also loved but opted against for her nursery. :) So, I now have the zebra print out of my decoration desire. LOL It just turned out darling!! I received several compliments and I appreciate them all... after all, it was a lot of work and months of planning! So, it paid off! The party was a success! Other than the party had two small glitches: #1 - Khloe was sick and running fever the day of her party (and she is NEVER sick) and #2 - The rain decided to stay all day... and ruin the outdoor side of her birthday party (although, it didn't stop guests from swimming!).
Here is the Custom Birthday Invitation I had made for Khloe!! I had Thank You cards made to match the invitations with a picture on it of her eating her birthday cake, too!
This is a view of half the room... Included: Accent/Dessert Table, Candy/Sweets Table and Gift Table:
The other side of the room:
It took me 2+ Hours to decorate this Room Centerpiece Chandelier with Mesh Material (Kevin added all the butterflies to it!):
This is a Custom Handmade Banner that took me several hours to complete... then I ran it to the Teacher's Coop to have it laminated!
Part of the Decorations on the tables... the Zebra Print Table Runner was custom made as well... My Mother-in-Law helped with these!
This is the Cupcake Tower that I made... along with the Custom Cupcake Toppers and Custom Cupcake Sleeves:
Khloe's Zebra Print/Pink Two-Tiered Cake:
My goal was to make her party as frilly and girly as possible! It was so much fun... and expensive (even though I tried cutting as many corners as possible)! LOL It took me several hours to make her tutu for the black iron mannequin (which she also wore at her Birthday Photo Shoot on her actual birthday)!
Here is her Custom Tutu (both in her birthday picture from Studio and on the Mannequin at her Birthday Bash):
I had a Custom Birthday Banner made for Khloe for outside (with her picture on it), so guests can see it as they are arriving at the party! The idea for the vinyl banner was to have the guests all sign the banner as Khloe's keepsake. However, that idea backfired when it rained the entire time on the banner. LOL Guests didn't get to sign it... just look at it as they walked in!
I picked out some minky zebra print fabric and hot pink fabric for Khloe's Custom High Chair cover for the party. My mother-in-law, Mary, is an excellent seamstress and can make anything! So, I asked her if she would make the high chair cover with the fabric I got... I gave her Khloe's high chair cover as a pattern and told her how I envisioned it and she created it... it took her hours, but it was PERFECT!! I then took it to one of my favorite local boutiques and had their embroidering lady embroider it with Khloe's name on it. I, also, had the boutique embroider several other items for me... including the bib that Khloe wore at her party! :)
Here's the High Chair Cover and Bib: Made with Love for Miss Khloe's Big Day!
I am big into having all Khloe's special occasion outfits made through different seamstresses online. I had her Birthday Dress special made for little Khloe, along with a customized birthday hat to match! The detail on this dress is amazing! Check it out...
This is the Custom Tiara that I made for her... I had seen these before (and even bought a black one that she wore in her birthday pictures in the studio). But, I made this one! It's a real rhinestone tiara that I sewed onto a pink elastic headband!
The Real Princess in her Tiara!
And... this is her other Birthday outfit... you guessed it! Custom made for Miss Khloe to wear at her party after the cake cutting ceremony!!
On the Gift Table, I decided that I wanted to make a collage of the 1st year of Khloe's Life... So, I added pictures from all her portrait sessions (each month's birthday picture, Holiday pictures and our family picture)!
Here's her gift table and her portrait collage of all the important photos from her first full year!
Daddy did all the grilling at the Party... He was getting rained on, but loved it!!
Lastly, THANK YOU to all the family/friends that were able to join Khloe in Celebrating her 1st Birthday!!
Mommy, Daddy and Bubby LOVE you BABY GIRL!!! Happy 1st Birthday, Sweet Khloe!!!!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Khloe's Big 1st Birthday Bash!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Everything turned out SO CUTE! If I ever have kids, I will need you to help me with their party!! :)
Thanks, Kara!!! I appreciate the compliment!
I would LOVE to help you with your kids' parties... WHEN you have kids!!! ;)
wow!! Everything was so beautiful!!
I love everything you did for Khloe's birthday! I'm planning my daughter's 16th birthday and we're doing a zebra print and purple theme. I would love to do the chandelier that you did! Can you tell me what specific materials you used?
Thank you everyone! I'm just reading these comments... I have neglected my blog since posting Khloe's 1st Birthday party update! Sorry!
Misty... I'm sure you already had your daughter's 16th birthday. :( I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! I hope you figured it out from the pictures. It was time consuming making the chandelier, but fairly easy. Let me know if you still want to know! :)
Post a Comment