I have been so busy adjusting to our new life with Khloe that I have neglected my blog. There are so many things to talk about...
Baby Khloe Elizabeth Yingst was born on Wednesday, July 1, 2009 @ 3:26am. She was born at Willow Creek Women's Hospital in Johnson. She weighed 7lbs 2oz and was 20" long. I went in to the hospital Tuesday morning at 5am to be induced. My doctor was concerned that I had an excessive amount of fluid in my belly. When I got there, I was already having my own contractions... which were fairly strong! So, the nurses started me on a small amount of medicine to induce. About halfway through my Labor, I decided to get an epidural. Holy Cow... have you seen the tools they use to put one of those in. Yikes... it looks like a drill bit. Anyway, they told me that it should take effect in about 20 minutes... 4 hours later I was still waiting and they realized that they had done the trial run of the epidural, but had not turned on the medicine itself afterwards. When the meds started pumping through, it was so much more relaxing! LOL My doctor had to break my water and boy was that a mess. Remember he had told me that I had an EXCESSIVE amount of water... boy was he right! It was like running bath water at full force... the doctor and nurses were in shock. There was 4 2-liters of fluids that were relieved immediately! My doctor had only seen that much fluid one other time in his 15 years practice. The nurse had never seen that much fluid! My stomach immediately shrunk less than half its size right before my eyes! Crazy! So my entire pregnancy, I carried around majority water and less baby - aweful! Khloe was very stressed out during the whole process, so they had to stop labor several times and stick an internal heart monitor on her head to get a more accurate reading of her heart rate (which had dropped several times!). I was in full labor for 19 LONG hours and was seconds away from having to have a c-section... but, she had finally turned into full position and my body was ready to push her out! I really wanted Khloe to be born in June, but she missed it by a few hours and was born in July. I was so relieved when the labor was over and she was finally out!
Khloe is a very sweet and TINY baby girl! She rarely cries and she couldn't be a better gift from God! I really suffered with some major PostPartum Depression when she was born. I didn't know how to adjust to this new life with a new baby. Peyton is almost 11 years old, so it has been like starting over for me. It has been very hard... and unfortunately I had to talk to my doctor about it and he put me on some mild postpartum medicine. Thank God for it, because I would be a basket case right now! :( I truly thought that I had prepared myself for this change of life with a new baby... but, I never really prepared myself completely. At first, I felt suffocated and trapped... which is not a good place to be. But, I have gotten a lot better and am overjoyed to have her now! She has already been so much fun! :o) Peyton is such a good big brother... he helps me SO much with her and just adores everything about his little sister... which couldn't make me happier! He is a doll and I adore him so much! Kevin is a good daddy... he just lights up when he is around his little girl!! It has really changed him in a good way and he values that! She already has her own little attitude and she is funny! We laugh at her everyday. LOL
I went through a slight panic mode recently with her, because she hadn't had a bowel movement in 8 days... yikes! After taking her to the doctor, he said it was normal and sometimes they go a week without. But she finally went yesterday morning - which was a huge relief for us! :)She will be 3 weeks old this week and weighs 7lbs 4oz. she is so tiny and can only fit in preemie clothes still... she needs to grow! LOL She lost her cord this week... yeah!! She had her first bath on July 4th... she loves baths! Her features are starting to come in more distinguished as well... still not sure exactly who she looks like. :)
Here are some pics of baby Khloe...




Sunday, July 19, 2009
Baby Khloe's Birth Story!! 7/1/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm glad that you're feeling better. It is definitely tougher the second time around, I think. I'm also glad that you didn't have to have a c-section. :) Khloe is adorable! We will keep you all in our prayers. :)
She is so pretty! Congrats!
Post a Comment