CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Khloe's Princess Birthday Party

Oh my... where should I begin? Khloe was allowed to choose her birthday party theme, this year. Every year Khloe has the most amazing birthday parties... and this year she chose a Princess party! She really got in to helping Mommy design and plan her party, this year. If you know me, then you know that it is one of my annual thrills... to plan my kids' birthday parties. They love it just as much. I usually plan a theme an entire year before her birthday, that way I don't have to rush and  I can find decorations as I run in to them over the course of the year. Makes sense. So, as one birthday party ends, we come up with a birthday party theme for the next year (but, we keep the theme a surprise until the birthday invites go out).

This year was an easy theme... Princess party. I immediately came up with a color combination and then it was smooth sailing from there. This year, since it was a formal Princess party, I chose pink and purple. Two of the most girly colors... quite Princess-like. Khloe was excited as we gathered decorations and bundled them together until her party day. One downfall to her Princess party was that the guest list changed significantly this year.... we were calling all Princesses (only). Only little girls between the age of 2-6 would be invited. (It was going to be a super frilly, formal, dress up Princess party... Boys would not be happy being part of such a girly girl event.) So, unfortunately, we couldn't invite our huge families, older kids or boys (really, that has been the majority of our past invites... as Khloe has been too little to have little girl friends). Princess party it is!

Mommy discovered an online company that had plenty of Princess items to incorporate in to her party decor/etc. I ordered the custom invitations and custom address labels, first. Next came the birthday banners (vinyl only, for keepsake - which is a tradition that Mommy started at Khloe's first birthday partty!). Several other custom items were ordered... blasting Khloe's name on everything! I wanted the party to be formal, so I ordered pink satin sashes for the chair backs, sparkly flutes (for their drinking glasses), lots of blingy fake diamond rings and loose stones to sprinkle around her party decorations.

Here is Khloe's birthday invitations being addressed and mailed out and some other goodies that were custom ordered: 



Here is Khloe so excited when she received her dress up REAL Princess dress in the mail!


One of Mommy's favorite hobby stores had a massive sale... and how lucky for so many of the items to be Princess derived! So, great deals on pictures and plaques for her party. Mommy has another tradition (with the kids' parties)... to enlarge my favorite picture (from birthday photo session) and have it dry mounted at our local craft store. It is always a hit among guests... seeing the enlarged picture on an easel at their party! This year, I opted to take Khloe's birthday pictures, myself... which helped with the extra stress of having to get Khloe ready, take her to the photographer (praying she smiles right for the pictures), wait on the cd to be ready and then choosing a picture to have it enlarged for her party. Instead, I took her picture myself (with the help of Bubby - two days before her party), loaded it to my computer to have printed in an hour, picked it up and took it to get dry mounted... all in the same day (only leaving our house once to pick up the picture). So much easier and smarter... especially since photography is one of my other favorite hobbies!

Here's Khloe's enlarged birthday picture this year!

One of the sweetest ladies, ever, made Khloe's Party Dress (not her Dress Up Dress, but her Kicking off her Princess Party Dress!), this year. We were in St.Louis the week that I was communicating with her via instant messaging on my cell phone. We had already been communicating before the trip, but she wanted to make sure that she had everything exactly like I wanted it. It started off trying to decide on fabrics to use. Robin ordered the fabric that I wanted and sent me a picture of other fabrics to choose from (that would coordinate well with the main fabric on the dress). It was layers and layers of gorgeousness! I really wanted her to incorporate lace to make it look elegant and princess-like. She didn't feel good about any of the combinations, so I thought and thought about it and came up with what would look PERFECT for the dress (fabrics that is). I shared it with Robin and she agreed that it would look great that way and proceeded to sew up the dress and get it completed in one weekend... the weekend before her big birthday party, might I add. The dress turned out exactly as I envisioned it... I was so excited when it arrived (a couple days before her birthday party)! And, it fit her perfectly. Yippee!! I cannot imagine a more beautiful dress for such a beautiful party! Thank you so much, Robin, for all your hard work! Khloe and I (both) adored her custom dress. Robin has her own online boutique -OhMG! Boutique.

Here's Khloe's custom party dress by Miss Robin (she saved the day!):



(Ooooh La La, Khloe!! What a beautiful Princess you are!)

The first thing I wanted to focus on was making sure that her party was formal and that there were plenty of Princess activities for the little girls this year. You can't very well ask the little girls to show up dressed up like Princesses, so we decided to make one of their party favors their Princess dress up dresses, shoes, wands and accessories to match. Voila! We found several of the same type of dress-up dresses at one of Mommy's favorite stores... Mixing and matching pinks, purples and a hint of blue. Mommy put the dresses on pink hangers with tulle bows on each hanger and hung them on a roller rack. At the bottom of the rack, I lined up dress up heels for them, too. When all the little girls arrived, Mommy had them line up and choose the Princess dress and heels that they wanted to change in to. Behind the curtain they went to transform in to Princesses for Khloe's formal Princess Party! Oh SO CUTE!!

Here are the Princess Dress-Up Dresses/Shoes for the little Princesses to wear at the party AND take home!!




Aren't they just PRECIOUS!!?

Mommy worked on several handmade decorations herself, including a custom sanded "K" and "4", Princess Scroll -to welcome the other Princesses to her Royal Party (I bought raw/unfinished dowel rods, raw wooden candlestick pegs/scroll style, textured cloth-like muted gold paper for scripting, gold spray paint and fabric paint pen for scripting words on the paper and tiny ribbons for the end of scroll), Princess frilly Wreath and much more.

Here are some of the party decorations that Mommy hand-made:





I used a different cake shop this year (only because it was closer to where we live). I designed a cake that would go perfectly with her party theme. I showed the cake artist... and she made it almost exactly as I designed it. So, no complaints here... it turned out darling! The Tiara was made completely out of white chocolate. How cool is that?!!

Here is her beautiful cake... to match her beautifully decorated party:


Mommy ordered Khloe's favorite cake pops (Starbucks) -and we hand tied purple ribbon on each one,  pink lemonade in cork nozzle bottles (similar to champagne bottles)... to be formal and pour in to the girls' dazzle/sparkly princess flutes, finger sandwiches with princess tiara toppers, other fun snacks, candy shop sparkly suckers (bought in Joplin), and princess table tents to identify the food and other stations for the little girls! All the other decorations were bought randomly over the course of a year... and stowed away in totes until her big party.

Here are pictures of the Snack Table/ Station...











Papaw and Nana live in a very medieval-style home. They were kind enough to allow us to have her Princess party at their home. They even went to the trouble of clearing out their kitchen and living room to allow 100% free range for my decorating of her party. (I'm talking removing furniture, pictures and all in between). How sweet of them! Khloe has some pretty amazing grandparents! I set up her party decor the day before her party (from 2pm- 11pm) and then again the entire morning of her party (her party was later in the day the next day). A lot of preparation and hard work goes in to these parties... All I really want is for my kids to feel how extremely special they are and have lasting memories -for the rest of their lives!

Here are pictures of the entire party set up - before the party began (when I was completely done decorating)!













































Khloe greeted each one of her guests (fellow princesses), as they arrived. She couldn't wait to get her party started. There were several activity stations set up at her party. I will describe each activity station (below)...

Station #1: The girls chose their Princess Dresses and heels to change in to - dressing up for the formal Royal Princess Celebration!






















Time for the Royal Party to begin... Yay! Welcome Princesses!! I served the Princesses snacks and drinks. When the snacks and drinks were depleted, we proceeded to the next station of the party.

Station #2: Beauty Station - Accessories for Princesses! Every Princess needs to add bling!
























The girls got to choose earrings, bracelets, hair extensions, lip gloss, princess wands and sunglasses to look glamorous with their Princess dresses and shoes! (Of course, everything they chose was their party favors to take home, along with their Princess dresses and shoes.) They really enjoyed this part of the party... it made them feel pretty and special. This age is so much fun.

Once the Princesses got glammed up... it was time for a Princess Game. I ordered "Kiss the Frog," because I knew the girls would have a blast taping lips to the Prince frog (while blindfolded). They loved it... it was a hit, no doubt! Some of the girls were determined to have a second turn, because they knew for sure the second time they would pin the frog's lips. I wanted to let them, but it wouldn't be fair to the other girls. Ha! The winner of the game won a prize (Strawberry Shortcake's Glimmerberry Ball DVD). Kameron won by a 1/16 of an inch.

Station #3:  Kiss the Frog Game - Pinning the Lips closest to the Prince Frog's Mouth!













And, the winner is....... Kameron!! Yay!

Station #4:  Face Paintings!













It was now time for the Cake Cutting Ceremony... Yummy! The girls were having so much fun at this point. But, we had to intervene and light the candles to sing Happy Birthday to Princess Khloe. Papaw was kind enough to pull out his guitar and sing Happy Birthday (with the help of all Khloe's friends). Khloe did so great this year blowing out her candles... she blew them all out in one blow. Yay, my sweet birthday girl! I hope all your wishes come true, too!

Khloe checking out her cake and blowing out candles, while everyone sang Happy Birthday to her!















Station #5: Photo Op --The girls had their picture taken in the Princess Horsedrawn Carriage and Castle Photo Prop. (I thought it would be super cute to have each of their picture taken with this cute prop to send with their Thank You cards!)

Aren't they precious??! Aww!











Even Daddy and Nana joined in the Photo Prop excitement... They are silly! :)

And, since I was taking photos... I had the girls sit on the stairs and take some group pictures, too. Just like your own children, it was impossible to get them all to look and smile at the same time. Ha! So, we took several pictures, hoping to find the best!






Such pretty Princesses... Joining their majesty Khloe at her Royal Party!

Last Game:  The Castle Pinata -- (Candy Galore!)


























Goodness did they whack at that pinata... Who says girls aren't strong?!! They filled up their Princess bags with all kinds of candies. I think they had more fun whacking it, then watching the candy drop.

Along with the girls' Princess Dress, heels, jewelry/make up and Princess bags of candy, I had one last surprise for them. I had a custom coloring book made only about Khloe. It's a Princess Story that I had Khloe's name added throughout the story to talk about "Princess Khloe." It is probably the cutest party favor that I have ever given out... The girls loved it! I hope when they color in their coloring book and read the story about "Princess Khloe" that they will always remember Khloe's precious royal Princess Birthday Party!

Here is the one-of-a-kind Coloring/Story Book... The entire book tells the story of Princess Khloe!

Khloe' Royal Princess Party proved to be a success... and loads of fun for Khloe's guests/fellow Princesses. I must say that my daughter Khloe makes a beautiful Princess and is the most lovely Princess there ever was!  Thank you to all the girls who came and celebrated Khloe's big birthday with her... you made beautiful memories with her! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET DAUGHTER... We love you so much!!

Now... off to planning next year's party. Tootles!

Here are more pictures from her party... Thanks for reading our Princess Party Blog!


















































Happiest of Birthdays, to our beautiful Princess Khloe! We love you more than you will ever know! XO

0 comments: