CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Khloe's Sweetheart Pageant on 2/12/2011

My daughter competed in her second pageant, which was the "Sweetheart Pageant" for Valentine's Day. We had ordered her pageant attire in January for this particular pageant and I couldn't wait to see Khloe in it! But, because of the TWO major snow storms that hit us over the past 10 days, her shipment of her outfit was delayed because they couldn't get delivery trucks to our house. I was in high hopes that her pageant attire (that was OVERNIGHTED on 2/8/11) would finally be in my hands before her pageant on Saturday (2/12). However, Friday came and went and there was still NO DELIVERY! I didn't know what to do at this point, because the pageant had two divisions (Beauty & Valentine's Wear) and I had not a clue what she was going to wear - especially since I was still snowed in and couldn't go anywhere! Well, I found some make-do outfits for her in some of her 18mos clothing totes I had bought early on. They were really adorable, but nothing compared to the outfit I had ordered for her and was ANXIOUSLY awaiting to be delivered! Atleast it was a backup outfit if I didn't receive her outfit by Saturday morning... before leaving for the pageant (which was 45 minutes away from our house).

Saturday morning came and I just KNEW her outfit would come, but it DIDN'T! I was sad! We were forced to leave the house at 12:30pm to make it to her pageant by 2:00pm. We were there 5 minutes late, but they were running late anyway. I got Khloe's contestant # pinned on her and was ready for the pageant to begin! There were some really cute little girls there... AND, they all had the most darling outfits themed for Valentine's day (with hearts galore). All I could find for Khloe was a pink and white polka dotted Mud Pie outfit with matching hairbow... it had to work!

Here is the Pink/White Valentine's Wear outfit Khloe had to wear because her custom outfit never arrived:


(As you can see it was adorable, but not quite Valentine's enough like the other girls'!)

Here is the Beauty part of the Pageant... Khloe's dress was so cute, but maybe I should have had her go out without the hat because it was pressing down her face~ LOL!


(And, boy, she strutted her stuff... LOL!)

After she walked out of the floor both times, they had the girls line up again and they announced the winners in each age division. I knew because of attire, Khloe would get docked points... and she did. She ended up being 1st Runner Up (2nd Place) in her age division. 1st Runner Up is good, but not Queen! :( But, atleast she won another trophy - she really loves her trophies! ;)

Here are some pictures of her walking in front of the judges (there were three judges):

















Well, overall, she did pretty good... would have probably won Queen had she wore the right attire AND if we had received her outfit we had made for her for this pageant. And, guess what was sitting on our front door step when we got home from the pageant? A box WITH HER PAGEANT OUTFIT in it! Grr!!! Go figure! LOL

GOOD JOB, KHLOE.... WE ARE PROUD OF YOU, SWEET BABY GIRL! XOXO

0 comments: