What an exciting week this has been... a whole lot of 1st's for the kids... and fun for all! August in the Yingst household (and probably the average American household) tends to be full of activities and new beginnings. I'll share some with you.
Peyton offically became a high schooler (that word just sounds cool!). He walked into the doors of his High School as a Freshman. I had no idea seeing him walk in to that enormous building on his first day of school would trigger sappy emotions for me... but, I'm his Mommy and it affected me. It was like an instant flashback of all his school years... just flooding my brain with memories. Wow! I felt as emotional as I did when he started Kindergarten... who knew?! I'm so proud of his, though. He is playing football for the #1 high school team in the country... BHS! And, he loves it!! He has had long and hard (and REALLY early) practices the bulk of the summer and they are continuing into the school year.
Peyton thinks he is too cool for pictures, anymore... especially "1st Day" pictures, so I had to practically beg him for some. I told him that I will ALWAYS take pictures of him, especially on the first day of anything. He should be used to it by now. Ha!
Here are some pictures of Peyton on his first day of high school...
Peyton in his practice football jersey...
He had a great first day of High School. He hangs out with all of his football buddies, so I'm sure he will have an excellent school year (as long as he maintains good grades, while hitting the gym/football)!
Khloe loves to have her own activities, as well. She was super excited about her first day of Jazz/Hip Hop dance class! She took Ballet and Tap class, last year, but we decided to add another dance class to her already busy schedule. Jazz and Hip Hop is more upbeat and up to date music that she can shake her little bottom to. It allows a little more flexibility and excitement to regular dance moves. It's fun! Needless to say, she LOVED her class and can't wait for next week's class! There are some adorable little girls in her Jazz/Hip Hop class.
Here is Khloe at her 1st Day of Jazz/Hip Hop Dance Class...
Jazz/Hip Hop dance class was exciting to Khloe... she really enjoyed it and seemed to like her teacher, as well. Yay!
Last, but not least, Khloe completed her week of "1st's" with Ballet/Tap. Although, this wasn't her 1st Day ever in Ballet/Tap, it was her 1st Day YEAR 2 of Ballet/Tap. With her same, lovely teacher, Ms. L! We actually switched her Ballet/Tap dance day from the beginning of the week to mid-week this year... and little did we know, all the girls from her dance class did the same. What are the odds?!! So, to Khloe's surprise (and Mommy's, too), she ended up with all her dance buddies from last year back in her class (with a few other new girls). She was beyond excited... and she felt right at home. Khloe loved her reunion with her dance buddies. I hope the girls have an awesome dance year... Love these girls!
Khloe's 1st Day back to Ballet/Tap (2nd Year!)...
I adore my children! I am beyond thrilled that they both had excellent experiences, this week, and started off their new school year on a happy note. Congrats, Peyton and Khloe!! We adore you two so much!
Love, Mom & Dad



1 comments:
Greetings Yingst Family! My name is Heather and I was hoping you could answer a question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com
Post a Comment