CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 8, 2011

Khloe's Sweet Shoppe Birthday Party!! (7/2/2011)


It is extremely hard to believe that my little girl just turned TWO! My, OH MY, how time truly flies... can someone stop time, please?! I wanted to share her party here on my blog for all my friends and family to see. Everyone has been asking me for details and lots of pictures. So, here you go...

I absolutely love planning events and especially my kids' birthday parties. It brings such joy and happiness into my life to put together something unique and special to each of my children! I started thinking about her 2nd birthday party ideas immediately after her 1st birthday party was over. The serious planning for her 2nd birthday began about 5+ months before her actual party. So, for 5 long months, I dedicated each day uncovering cutsie details on how to make her 2nd birthday party nothing short of AMAZING!! The only two downfalls to the whole party were: (1) Her cake toppled in the car on the way to the party from the cake shoppe (that was an hour away). I cried for an hour before her party began because of this AND it ruined the majority of my day. AND (2) Her party weekend competed with 4th of July parties and so many other birthday parties. Out of 40 invitations mailed out, only 9 families (Note: 9 of 40 invitations mailed) graced us with their attendance! And, of those of you who came... THANK YOU... THANK YOU... THANK YOU!! I worked SO hard on Khloe's party and I'm so glad you were selfless and got to see the completed production! ;)

I decided to have Khloe's birthday party outside this year... under a covered pavillion at her Papa/Nana's Ranch in Missouri. I thought it would be much cuter for pictures, but I regret having it outside, because I think the heat was hard for guests to handle! In this area, it's not the heat so much, but the humidity that accompanies the heat... not a good combination! But, we made the best of it and opened the pool after the cake ceremony for guests to enjoy some fun in the sun and mostly cool down! Last year, it rained ALL day on her birthday... and not just rain, but downpours... luckily it was indoor! So, next year I'll need to come up with something in between.

I tried to customize Khloe's party as much as possible. Every little detail of the party was precious... and that special touch for my sweet baby girl!! I know she's only 2 years old and probably won't remember anything about her 2nd birthday party, but she can reflect back on the pictures to know just how much she was loved by her mommy (and other family: Nana, Papa, Daddy and Bubby who helped with the party)!

Let me back up a little bit... The theme of Khloe's birthday party this year was "Khloe's Sweet Shoppe." It was a candy/lollipop birthday party with bright pinks, turquoise, lime green, purple, yellow and orange. There was a candy buffet for our guests to enjoy after Khloe's cake ceremony. I had small paper bags laid out neatly on the buffet for guests to scoop their favorite candies in. There were so many rare candies set up in customized candy jars around the table. There was, also, a gift/goody bag table, food table, drink table and cake/cupcake table! It all flowed together nicely! I was quite proud of my party planning ability! :)


I'm going to take you through ALL the details from the last 5 months of planning Khloe's Sweet Shoppe Birthday Party... Enjoy the pictures!!









































The pictures above were some of the decorations. They were all so time consuming and very detailed...


Below are some pictures of Khloe's Sweet Shoppe Party Set up... It was SO hot ouside!!




































Here is the Birthday Girl, herself... Interracting with all her guests and enjoying the festivities!

























Okay that was just a FEW of the pictures from her party. I'm irritated because the actual party pictures were horrible... I hired a girl to take pictures at Khloe's party and she did a less than impressive job. So, that's what I am stuck with. Boo. But, I did use my Canon T1i to take all the decorations pictures before the party (thank God or else they would have been horrible, too!). I hope you enjoyed her party... it was a blast putting everything together! Happy 2nd Birthday, little Khloe Elizabeth! You your party "Khloe's Sweet Shoppe" rocked!!!!

XOXO

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 12 yo old Josh thinks Peyton is super cute and he loves his good looks. He has several pictures of Peyton on display in his room in hi large format digital picture displays. When I downloaded this picture I sharpened it and Josh put it on display life size.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg_9NuHd5xO8PWrJO8vYTPB9vO5_aUK2rgwGphnKYxZ5aAs5mNfij8uoABKS4NQifylMOfBZ28pQo66gYg3lUD-7MXVB0w24RR7zljGHgcJ97-arP0U0E6KFAYEbAICBuu3x4dJ6cEsebY/s0/K24.JPG

When Josh first viewed this picture he literally flipped out over Peyton's good looks and got the biggest kick out having him life size. Josh commented the picture is so clear and sharp and so much detail Peyton literally appears to be standing directly in front of him and appears as though he can reach out and touch Peyton. Josh then little out a little squeal, started blushing and exclaimed, "I want to kiss him so bad I can't stand it!". The next thing I knew Josh leaned close and started kissing Peyton on the mouth and lips. I could see Josh's tongue rubbing and caressing Peyton's lips as he passionately kissed him. I was cracking up because it looked like Josh was really kissing him. There for a minute I didn't think Josh was going to stop. I mean he was really getting into it! When Josh finally came up for air he looked at me with a huge grin and commented the picture is so clear and the display warm and silky smooth it seemed like Peyton came to life and he was really getting to kiss him! Josh said he is going to love having Peyton in his room life size, especially if he is dreaming about him and wakes up in the middle of the night because he can get up and walk over to Peyton and start kissing him!